Full Job Description
EXPERIENCED TRAIN DISPATCHERS WILL RECEIVE A $10,000 SIGNING BONUS!! Must commit to working for CP for two years or the signing bonus will be repayable. Current and previous Canadian Pacific employees are not eligible to receive the signing bonus
- Req ID: 95066
- Department: Operations Eastern Division
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Country: United States
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 5
- Compensation Rate: $41.97 per hour
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 10/31/2022
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and timely movement of all trains;
- Supervise forces employed in handling of track warrants, keep necessary records incident thereto and perform related work.
- Working knowledge of the General Code of Operating Rules preferred;
- Trainee must pass an examination on rules prior to completing the training period;
- Experience working as a station or tower operator desirable;
- Applicants must also be able to work with minimum supervision and have the ability to make decisions under stressful circumstances;
- Good communication skills and good color vision required;
- Must be available for all shifts including holidays, weekends and short notice calls.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Completive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Education verification
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.