AECOM Buildings + Places is seeking an Intermediate Architectural Technologist / Job Captain skilled in project and technical team leadership to join our Kitchener-based team.
Hybrid work options are available.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe progressive architecture, city design, and infrastructure creates greater opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, transforming skylines, or creating inspiring spaces our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise, and digital solutions to our work in buildings, transportation, water, the environment, and new energy. We’re one global team – 86000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
By joining our team you will have the freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds, and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in excellence and leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join, and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – architects, planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program, and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
About Buildings + Places Global
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 company headquarters
About AECOM Buildings + Places Canada
AECOM Buildings + Places Canada (B+P Canada) is a vibrant and growing fully integrated team spanning architecture, all the building’s engineering disciplines, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design, economics, and asset management for design and infrastructure projects. Project assignments may include, although not limited to Transit and Municipal, Commercial, Institutional projects, Justice, Education and Government. We’re looking for an inspired individual to bring their skills and ideas to us and integrate within our team for the long-term as we continue our trajectory toward market leadership and design primacy within Canada.
The Intermediate Architectural Technologist / Job Captain will supervise Junior level Technologists and liaison with other disciplines in the technical production of documentation to help ensure technical Quality Assurance / Quality Control of the work on a project-to-project basis. Strong emphasis on constructability knowledge and detailing will be expected.
This successful candidate will be involved in:
- Perform coordination meetings and liaison with other disciplines to ensure correct project flow
- Leading and mentoring project production teams on a variety of new and renovation initiatives to governmental, commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
- Prepare and coordinate 2D drafting and 3D modeling assignments with project managers, architects, engineers, and other technologists from initial project stage through to project completion and will review the work of others.
- Work proficiently in AutoCAD and Revit
- Follow group practices and prescribed project standards.
- Ensure that project needs are met in a timely manner.
- Verifying compliance with applicable codes and standards/practices and coordinating with other in-house engineering disciplines as needed, working collaboratively with internal and external clients.
- Provide guidance in the technical production of documentation, helping solve detailing problems if required.
- Ensuring technical Quality Assurance / Quality Control of the work.
- Work through architectural detailing and constructability with technologists to ensure accurate construction drawings are delivered.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates must possess, at a minimum, the following:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
Demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education may be considered.
- College Diploma in Architectural Technology preferred.
- Excellent REVIT skills.
- BIM 360.
- AutoCAD Architecture
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Experienced, self-directed professional
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to meet quality, schedule, and budget expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team-oriented work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- The company will not cover expenses associated with any relocation for this position.
- Company was unable to facilitate work Sponsorship for this position.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning cultural architecture, city design, transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence as exemplified in the following:
o Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
o #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
o VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
o Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
By joining our team you will know that your efforts will be contributing toward a an award winning community with global reach, unlocking your own potential as a person and professional, and thereby toward a fundamentally better world.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.