-We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
Established in 1888, our expertise ranges from exploration and diamond recovery, to rough diamond sales and diamond jewellery retail. In Canada we operate the Gahcho Kué Mine in the Northwest Territories, are working to advance the Chidliak Project on Baffin Island and have an active exploration program looking for Canada’s next great diamond mine.
We market our polished diamonds through two brands, Forevermark and De Beers Jewellers, while our Element Six operation is the world leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond materials for industrial and electronic applications.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
The De Beers Group of Companies has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and energetic individual to join the Process Plant Team at the Gahcho Kué Mine Site based in the Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Process Plant Superintendent and working a 14 day on/14 day off rotation, this position will co-ordinate and supervise the daily and weekly activities of the Process Plant operational staff and plan the use of resources in order to achieve departmental KPI’s.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to all security policies and report any issues that may harm the people, environment, information or product. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
- Managing, developing and directing process plant operational employees in an effective manner;
- Maintaining compliance with established safety, health and environmental policy and regulations and striving for Zero Harm;
- Coordinating and ensuring optimum equipment availability and resource utilization to meet operational targets;
- Working strategically with maintenance, mine operations, safety, security and other departments to ensure efficiencies are achieved and maintained;
- Implementing ongoing production improvements to ensure objectives are achieved;
- Ensuring high level of operator training development is maintained;
- Ensuring monthly and annual reporting requirements are adhered to; and
- Ensuring budgets are adhered to.
This position will be on a two (2) weeks in/ two (2) weeks out rotational position, at the Gahcho Kue Mine site.
-High school diploma combined with six (6) years of mining experience, four (4) years of which should be at a supervisory level;
- Intermediate training in management and supervision, process control and optimization;
- Previous experience working in the diamond industry preferred; and
- Solid communications skills are a must as well as a proven ability to work strategically both within and external to the department.
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
- Please note, preference will be given to Members of the Deninu Kué, Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation, North Slave Métis Alliance, Northwest Territory Métis Nation, Tlicho Government, or Yellowknives Dene First Nation, followed by non-indigenous residents of the Northwest Territories.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect .
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year and have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing COVID-19 transmission, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. As our mining operations are fly-in fly-out, vaccination is required to travel to sites.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the Employee Referral Program (HRM.AD.21.01) . Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.