Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members – who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
- Remote work may be possible for some portions of the job.
$79,148 – $96,268* (Level 7)
$70,042 – $85,215* (Underfill level 06)
- This position is eligible for the Technology Market Modifier, which is valued at 7% of the basic annual salary ($73,970 – $89,970 and $65,460 – $79,640). The above includes the 7% Market Modifier.
Are you an IT professional who wants to make a real-world difference by helping to keep Canada safe? Are you someone who challenges the status quo and sees challenges as opportunities? At CSIS, our people are our strength. You can become part of a dynamic team of talented individuals working towards a common goal: leveraging technology to keep Canadians safe at home and abroad.
If you are an upcoming graduate, or if you have recently graduated, you are eligible to apply to many of our IT Analyst positions. Tell us what you are passionate about in IT and we will match you with the team that most closely aligns with your skills and interests. Some of the specialties available include:
- IT / Cyber Security
- IT Service Management and Support
- IT End User Systems
- Server, Storage, Backup, and Cloud Infrastructure (Platforms)
- Network Technology and Security
- IT Application Support / System Administration
- Application Development, Integration and Verification
- Data Management and Analytics
- Communication Technology
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Employees in this role have many career development and training opportunities. Be part of a work culture that values diversity, team spirit, growth and collaboration.
Graduation from a two-year program of study from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in
- computer science;
- information technology;
- network security;
- cyber security;
- another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed; or,
- an acceptable combination of education, training, and experience.
The educational program needs to be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada, we will work with you to obtain the required proof of Canadian equivalency through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education (i.e., Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, Doctorate) in a related field of study could be recognized as experience.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience; or,
- Technologist diploma or professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of relevant experience.
Level 6 / Underfill*
- No experience requirement
- Underfill: Candidates who do not meet the required years of relevant experience will be considered as underfill. All underfill will be required to achieve specific experience and objectives identified in their training plan in order to subsequently be appointed to the full working level.
To assist us in the selection process, please clearly articulate the following in your cover letter:
- Education – what field you studied in, the program, institution name, how many years the program requires, and when you graduated (or anticipate graduating)
- Experience – what related experience do you have in your field of study, where the experience gained, and how many years?
- Assets or other related experience you feel is valuable to share
- Language skills – are you proficient in both French and English? Are you fluent in any other languages?
At CSIS, we understand our employees’ need for a healthy work/life balance, and when possible, provide flexible work arrangements. A healthy workplace is key to helping us deliver on our mandate and is the birthplace of creative ideas. Our organization has some of the best benefits and support available, providing several paid family-related days per year for when you need to take your dependents, parents, or immediate family to appointments or care for them when they are ill. We provide paid sick leave, competitive holiday leave, federally supported pension plans, career growth, and personal advancement opportunities. We take care of our people and we take care of each other.
Submit your application to join the CSIS family today and make your professional IT career into something more than just a job.
- Organizational skills
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
During your competency-based interview, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in these areas.
Conditions of Employment
Some positions require flexible work hours that extend beyond core hours of work.
Some positions require hours of work that include working a rotational shift within a 24/7 work environment.
- The majority of work in our organization must be done in the office, and cannot be performed at home; however, a hybrid approach is taken where possible (on-site and telework).
- Language requirements:
- English Essential
- Bilingual (French and English) non-imperative (BBB/BBB)
For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment. We will help you attain the language requirements by providing a variety of resources and training opportunities.
- Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
- An exam may be administered as a screening tool in order to assess the candidates’ relevant technical knowledge.
- Employment Equity Gaps have been identified among Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Women for this position. You are invited to voluntary self-declare if you belong to any of these groups in your cover letter as Persons with Disabilities information will be used and Indigenous Peoples and Women information may be considered in the selection process.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to building a workforce that is truly representative of the Canadians it serves by cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. This will be achieved by increasing employment equity group representation (including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and women) at all levels within the organization through hiring and talent management practices. We will also ensure that appropriate accommodations are made (e.g., specialized equipment, changes to physical workspace) to provide employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. In support of achieving a greater, diverse and skilled workforce, we strongly encourage those individuals who belong to one or more of the employment equity groups to self-identify when applying.
Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
CSIS Offices in Canada are located on various ancestral and traditional lands. In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge all Indigenous People across Canada and their connection to these lands.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.