OAK + FORT is brought together by a passionate group of people with a natural bond over an aesthetic vision that radiates throughout the collections. Fueled by the purpose to enhance and explore our own personal style—we authentically embody a place where individuality and uniqueness are celebrated. An ever-evolving point of view, joy in self-expression, and quality are central to our contemporary philosophy
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Information technology manager who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that computing systems and equipment are operating effectively and efficiently.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems,
This includes experience with retail stores, warehouses and head office environments.
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems,
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems,
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations, including PCI compliance,
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures,
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, logistics or a related field
- 5 years experience at a senior level within the IT environment
- Strong technical knowledge of relevant software and hardware platforms, including cloud-based systems, networking, and security
- Experience with Configuration/deployment/administration of MacOS and Windows Devices
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally as needed
- Experience with Architecture/setup/administration of project/work management tools
- Experience with Netsuite is an asset
- Current APICS, CPM or CPIM Certification and MBA would be considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills with ability to effectively communicate, motivate and develop teamwork