$500.00 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Apply today to be part of our next sales training class!
Leverage your sales experience into a sales career with Optum. As a Licensed Healthcare Sales Representative, you’ll answer incoming calls from people interested in purchasing insurance supplements (no cold calling). You’ll solicit basic information, answer questions and provide options while serving as a consultant to help the callers select the right plan for their situation and budget.
Working Schedule: This position is full-time (32hours Non-Peak Season & 40hours Peak Season) as assigned. It may be necessary, given the business need to work weekends, holidays, and overtime. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm CST.
- Assist Medicare-eligible individuals telephonically in the following ways:
- Answer incoming phone calls from prospective members and identify the type of assistance and information the customer needs with the goal to convert the caller to a qualified lead and ultimately sale
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Using knowledge of the product portfolio to accurately assess the distinct needs of different prospects, explain the differences between various products, and assist the prospect member in selecting a product that best meets their unique needs
- May make outbound calls to prospective members to follow up on questions or to current members to review current or new products and services
- Assist the prospect in completion of the enrollment application over the phone with complete, accurate and required information, consistent with product requirements and enrollment guidelines
- Meet the goals established for the position in the areas of: sales quota, attendance and other performance criteria
- Meet and maintain requirements for agent licensure, appointments, and annual product certification
- Agents will abide by all UHS Policies and Procedures including but not limited to regarding Certification, Compliance and any other UHS Policy and Procedure outlined in the SOW and in the Standard Operating Procedures.
*ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION*
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or higher degree completed
- Health & Life Insurance License for Puerto Rico (Disability, Health Services, Life)
- 3+ months of sales experience
- Ability to obtain additional insurance licenses if required by business
- Ability to work (32hours Non-Peak Season & 40hours Peak Season) as assigned. It may be necessary, given the business need to work weekends, holidays, and overtime. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm CST.
- Fully Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency
- Insurance US License
- Proficiency with computers and Windows PC applications which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications and apply their ability of phone and non-phone activities
- Proven success in a call center or similar structured work environment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.