- Opportunity to Join our Jetstar Airport Services team in this exciting new role.
- Use your strong Project Management skills to successfully deliver business improvements
- Permanent fulltime opportunity based at Collingwood Head Office location
Join the Jetstar team at a pivotal moment in our history as we embark on a new era of low fares travel. As we emerge from the pandemic, the outlook for our domestic and international flying is very strong and our teams are excited to welcome our new A321LR Neo’s as we continue on our mission to offer all day, every day low fares so more people can fly to more places, more often.
The Manager – Airport Operations Projects will manage the delivery of multiple projects, concurrently, to successfully deliver on project and program objectives within the Airport services portfolio. The role will oversee the management of a team of internal and external resources as required to develop project deliverables, within the constraints of time, cost, quality, and risk.
Projects will range from minor OPEX / improvement initiatives through to higher-risk items with considerable CAPEX/OPEX implications – all of which will be within a highly-regulated, safety-sensitive environment.
You will support the effective governance of projects through the accurate tracking and communication of financial, schedule, risk and issue data to project sponsors, steering committees, and senior stakeholders.
The core responsibilities of this role will include:
- Management of projects to support the delivery of project objectives in alignment with Sponsors expectations.
- Manage the development of mandatory and agreed project deliverables to defined quality standards.
- Develop and manage a project schedule and baseline to support task management, deliverable timing and milestone timing.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to sponsors and stakeholders to support deliverable, cost and benefit tracking, risk and issue management, and progress reporting against baseline.
- Manage project change requests and approvals.
- Arrange project governance meetings and governance reporting in alignment with the project governance level, stakeholder requirements, PMO directives, and appropriate ways of working.
To be considered, key skills you’ll have:
- Minimum 3 years experience of Project Management of Technology projects in the Aviation or Transport industry would be highly desirable.
- Proven experience in the end to end delivery of more than multiple technical projects.
- Experience in managing project teams.
- Strong negotiation, internal consulting and senior stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Exposure to various project management delivery models such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Scheduling skills and use of MS Project.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Project management, Technology or related accredited certifications.
This role also requires you to be willing and able to travel both interstate and internationally to provide oversight of projects management.
Applications close: Sunday June 4, 2023
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. Launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Inclusion and Diversity
Jetstar is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or accessibility requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.