Paradigm Parachute & Defense Inc. is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) in Pensacola, FL that provides high quality, precision manufactured, military style parachute systems and associated defense products to global commercial, government, humanitarian, and space exploration customers.
Paradigm is seeking a motivated Operations Manager to support strategic growth and fast-growing production targets, in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. www.paradigmparachute.com
The job description and expectations include the following points:
- Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of product programs, labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department.
- Enhance operational procedures, systems, and principles, business processes, enhance management reporting, and look for opportunities to expand efficiency and opportunity. Carry out senior management responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, selection, and hiring of operations employees; Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues; maintaining the training program for new and existing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; authoring and discussing with employee’s performance reviews; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the operations budget of the company in collaboration with the CFO.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, supply chain, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends. Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions as necessary.
- Analyze and improve organizational process and workflow, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and specifications of the industry; maintaining personal and professional networks; participating in professional industry organizations.
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors, Paradigm Stakeholders, Customer Stakeholders both Civilian and Federal.
- Program Management of key company products and strategic initiatives.
- There will be a variety of additional projects that will need your attention as well.
- Travel under 15% of the time, this may fluctuate based on involvement in specific programs/processes. This includes participation in key industry events and BD/Program Meetings as required.
Initial Compensation includes:
1. Annual salary payable bi-weekly in the form of 26 payments yearly.
2. Eligible for annual pay raises and bonus structure.
3. Full benefits, including Health, Vision, Dental, various custom plan add-ons, Life Insurance, ST & LT Disability, Tuition Assistance, and a 401k plan with 4% matching.
4. 2 Weeks PTO
Ideal Candidate Possesses:
-Previous Manufacturing or Operations Leadership Experience at Key Management or Business Unit Levels
-Experience in Defense Manufacturing and working with customer stakeholders; Specifically working with Textiles, Critical Safety & Critical Application Designated Products
-Experience with or competency to, learn, develop, and manage, Business ERP System Requirements.