Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane’s Acute Medical Ward (10A) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to join us in a Part-Time or Full-Time maximum term role at our South Brisbane Campus to cover parental leave.
This ward provides early comprehensive assessment and ongoing care for acute patients under the care of an inpatient Medical team, including sub-specialty areas of Respiratory, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Endocrinology, Dermatology and the Chest Pain Assessment Service.
Salary range: $38.16 – $49.04 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour + 10.5% super and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Whilst maintaining the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth.
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- 2 years post graduate experience as a Registered Nurse within an Acute Medical setting, including Respiratory and Renal patients
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent organisational skills as well as high level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: 19 May 2023 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 03 Jun 2023 E. Australia Standard Time