STELaRLab maintains strong partnerships with academia, government, and wider industry to execute research and development from conceptual prototyping through to simulated and/or live trials. This exciting new position will be located and works closely with the Australian Institute of Machine Learning (AIML), working with world-class researchers with the opportunity to build your career and reputation and work in one of the world’s most liveable cities.
AIML is Australia’s leading research institute in machine learning, artificial intelligence and computer vision. With world-leading researchers, modern facilities and an innovative culture, delivering research that is highly valued to local and global communities. AIML is the largest computer vision and machine learning group in Australia with over 130 members including academics, research staff and students. The institute works on a mixture of fundamental and commercially orientated research projects in computer vision and machine learning, with a strong track record of publication in the top venues. The University’s Computer Vision research is amongst the best in the world. Find out more at https://www.adelaide.edu.au/aiml/home.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing application-driven R&D projects within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Designing and implementing solutions and prototypes that draw from the state-of-the-art in academic literature to deliver transformational capability.
- Partnering with academia, government and industry to advance technologies with practical relevance, and engaging with the community to showcase your capabilities.
- Developing your technical and professional expertise to expand the breadth of solutions you may bring to any given problem.
- PhD in a related discipline from a recognised institute.
- Execution of R&D tasks for projects in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Signal or Image Processing, Analytics, or associated disciplines.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Strong communication and influencing skills including the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports to stakeholders.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Machine Learning.
- Signal and /or image processing.
- Communications and/or radar electronic warfare processing.
- Communications engineering/modelling, including space-based systems.
- Sensor systems (imaging, radio frequency, other).
- Sensor and information fusion, and methods for accounting for data uncertainty.
- Space systems.
Employment may be contingent on the satisfactory result of criminal and/or other background screens, which require the collection and transfer of personal information.
What we offer you:
In return we offer:
- Competitive Remuneration.
- Options for genuine work/life flexibility – 9 day fortnight.
- Membership to Destination Discounts – that saves you money on many every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few.
- Salary packaging for car leasing.
Equal Opportunity Statement