The Roycroft Inn in East Aurora is looking for Restaurant Managers to join our incredible team.
A Shift Manager is responsible for creating a positive customer experience and keeping things in good order.
On a daily basis, you’ll supervise employees during your shift and make sure that they complete their tasks and are motivated to work effectively. Shift supervisor skills include contributing to the production strategy by knowing the business goals and how to achieve them. You’ll also act as a reference point for employees and customers, ready to fix problems that occasionally arise. You will maintain our business goals by ensuring daily duties are completed and those goals are met.
· coordinate the daily operations during a shift. The manager is in charge of maintaining high productivity and a consistently positive customer experience. You will report to the Restaurant Administrator.
· overviews the daily activities and how employees perform during their shift. They are responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction through handling requests or complaints. They are also in charge of maintaining a tidy and organized workspace stocked with essential supplies, while ensuring that production or service runs smoothly.
· Assign duties to service staff and oversee their progress
· Oversee each server drop and gratuity payouts for ancillary personnel
· Help to train and integrate new employees
· Ensure all industry rules are followed in relation to legal, sanitation, etc
· Provide guidance and feedback to employees when needed
· Immediately report any egregious issue to Innkeeper (injury, hostile relations, etc)
· Previous experience as a Shift Manager or similar role
· Competent understanding of industry safety standards
· Knowledge of basic software, such as Word and Excel
· The ability to meet the physical demands of the job, such as standing up for long hours and lifting heavy loads occasionally
· Working well within a team
· Ability to multitask
· Leadership and conflict-management skills
401(k) available after 6 months of employment