Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf of Hard of Hearing Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register.
Company Name: Rokt
With our December 2021 Series E raise of USD$325M, Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With more than 50% year-on-year revenue growth and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: Smart with Humility, Conquer New Frontiers, Own the Outcomes, Enjoy the Ride, Force for Good, Raise the Bar, Communicate with Impact, and Disagree then Commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class eCommerce technology that provides personalised and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centres in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
About the roleAs a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you are someone who has significant expertise in both machine learning and software engineering. You will be working with our engineering and product teams to design, build and productionise proprietary machine learning models to solve different business challenges including smart bidding, lookalike modelling, forecasting, etc.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other engineers to understand business priorities, frame machine learning problems, and architect machine learning solutions.
- Build and productionise machine learning models including data preparation/processing pipelines, machine learning orchestrations, improvements of services performance and reliability and etc.
- Contribute and maintain the high quality of the code base with tests that provide a high level of functional coverage as well as non-functional aspects with load testing, unit testing, integration testing, etc.
- Keep track of emerging tech and trends, research the state-of-art deep learning models, prototype new modelling ideas, and conduct offline and online experiments.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelising appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Mentor other team members, facilitate within/across team workshops and lead the agile development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in building production-grade machine learning systems with all aspects of model training, tuning, deploying, serving and monitoring.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering roles and development experience in Python, SQL, Go, and/or other programming languages.
- Strong understanding of software engineering, system design, data engineering and/or cloud architecture.
- Knowledge in at least one of the following areas – Bayesian methods, Econometrics, Reinforcement learning, Gradient boosting machine, Natural language processing, Computer vision, etc.
- Be motivated, and self-driven in a fast (we truly mean fast) paced environment with a proven track record demonstrating impact across several teams and/or organisations.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders and manage tasks in a timely manner.
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- Experience in DevOps, MLOps and SRE is a massive plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TFX and Feature Store in a production environment is a massive plus.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture – we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed – Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch every day and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt’stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities – New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- We believe we are better together. We spend most of our time in the office (most teams are 4 days a week). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognises that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles – irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary Range – $185,000 – $287,500 AUD per year plus equity