Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Are you an Infrastructure Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a minimum of a couple years experience in Infrastructure Support and Deployment? Would you like to be part of a growing Operational Support team?
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure knowledge across a variety of technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure across project activities and operational (Business as Usual) support activities. The duties of the role will also include providing remote and on-site support with the expectation of levels of travel. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with our existing Subject Matter Experts and provide scope for on and off the job training. Through this opportunity we anticipate that you will become a technical specialist and process owner with in our Infrastructure Team. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Who do we need?
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally with a minimum of a couple years experience in Operational Services. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Ideally, you will working knowledge of some of the following:
- Have working knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
- Have working knowledge of Linux/Red Hat Operating systems;
- Have working knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2016, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
- Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS System Centre & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
- Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
- Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
- Have some knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
- Have working knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V and VXRAIL.
Clearance: Candidate must be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security, and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.