A pharmaceutical company in Illinois is actively seeking a driven and collaborative professional to join their staff as their new Biochemist. In this role, the Biochemist will plan and execute assigned laboratory tasks utilizing standard procedures and technical understanding of various techniques to complete assigned tasks.
The Biochemist will:
- Develop protocols for more complex tests or experiments performed with less defined assays and parameters
- Apply basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and instrument related systems.
- Present conclusions of defined experiments
- Ensure safety requirements are met when performing tasks
- Ensure timely compliant delivery of high quality precise data
- BS/BA in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Medical Technology or related field
- 2-5+ years of biochemistry lab experience or Master’s degree
- Experience in Protein Chromatography (SEC, Ion exchange, RPLC)
- Understanding of how to use analytical instruments, including HPLC and electrophoresis for separations
- Solid documentation skills
- Able to present findings to larger groups
- Experience with a chromatography data system
- Familiarity with electronic lab notebook