Position: Senior Research Analyst
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Location: Hyde Park, London (we currently offer flexible working hours, Monday – Friday)
This is an exciting opportunity in one of London’s leading estate agencies and a key appointment to support the company’s continued growth. The role carries a wide range of responsibilities and candidates should be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience and technical skills. The ability to develop good relationships with internal clients is also essential and the ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the job is focused on the London residential market.
The core remit comprises of four key areas:
- Producing research reports and papers on a wide range of property-related subjects aimed at clients and potential clients (i.e. property owners and landlords). This would include things such as monitoring price movements and making price predictions; and analysing implications of new legislation or changes to tax rules
- Identify market trends and interesting research angles to be pitched to the media by our PR agency. The candidate will be expected to work directly with the media and be a spokesperson for the business
- Promoting the Chestertons residential research brand via the delivery of research material aimed at both clients and the property & lifestyle media
- Providing business performance data and analysis – e.g. for benchmarking Chestertons performance against the market or for investigating new business opportunities and markets.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse key market trends & data
- Monitor key Government policy changes affecting residential property, such as tax and legislation matters
- Research and write local area reports for our London offices
- Research and write a quarterly London residential report, including price and rent movements and forecasts
- Research and write ad hoc reports on special topics (such as the Budget, political manifestos, third party research etc)
- Prepare and deliver client presentations
- Provide data and commentary for various marketing initiatives
- Research and write press articles on selected topical issues in conjunction with our PR consultant agency
- Respond to internal and external client requests for market data, analysis and comment
- Develop good working relationships with our managers across the company whom we rely upon to provide us with market trends
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum three years’ full time commercial research experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent numerate skills
- IT proficiency: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage own workload to deadlines
- Flexible approach to workload in line with changing priorities
- Client service focus and attention to detail are essential
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, competitive holiday allowance + public holidays, charity volunteer day, ride to work scheme, contribution towards eye care tests, discount portal, travel club, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, my spree card, medical cash plan, access to exclusive events, including advanced booking O2 tickets.
Company profile: Established for over 200 years, Chestertons is a successful London-based estate agency with over 30 branches across the capital and further offices across the world. Sponsors of Chestertons Polo in the Park – one of London’s most popular social events – Chestertons is a highly-respected authority on London property and is proud of its reputation as an innovative and dynamic business.
Chestertons is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from anyone who is excited by the opportunity of joining us and will thoroughly consider all applications without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.