Microsoft Office is at the center of Microsoft’s efforts to empower our users to do more. Across mobile, web, and desktop, empowering users to create, edit, and interact with their documents, embracing a core belief that you should have the best of breed experience irrespective of device. The Data, Insights, and Growth (DIG) team – part of the Office Fuel organization powering engineering capability and customer lifecycle – builds transformative capabilities that help Microsoft teams immerse in understanding, protecting, and empowering the customer via data. We deliver innovative modern data solutions and services which enable new Office experiences at service velocity, intelligent analysis, and richly informed hypothesis-driven agility – driving business success through customer engagement and satisfaction.
We Celebrate Team Cultural Values Of Being
We offer a fantastic and fun team environment with a commitment to people, inclusion.
• Customer-obsessed (and helping everyone else live this)
• Exceptional partners – designing and co-developing capabilities for and across dozens (to hundreds) of teams
• Committed to continual learning and growing in building a high-trust, collaborative, diverse, and deeply inclusive team environment.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Telemetry Analytics Team. Our telemetry systems are the bedrock of our data-informed culture, providing insights and telemetry across millions of clients daily. We empower Office Engineering Teams with Data and Insights to let them respond to customer feedback, steer future investments, and ensure our customers have the best experience possible daily. We serve Enterprise Tenant Admins with Insights about Office Health, empowering them to engage and collaborate for greater productivity. Processing trillions of events daily, our highly scalable systems enable teams to derive insights related to product reliability, business metrics and feature success metrics. Enabling Office Experimenters to safely conduct large scale experiments for product performance, reliability and engagement is another key focus area and team is focused in building large scale systems for Office Experimentation. We do this through building and modernizing our batch and real-time data processing systems, Azure Machine learning to derive insights and detect actionable anomalies. Engineers throughout Office use these systems to make product decisions to shape the future of Office. We leverage state-of-the-art Azure technologies for big data processing tech that is available internally and open source/Azure technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Explorer, Azure Data Factory etc. Great opportunity to impact millions of Office Customers, shape Office Telemetry systems architecture and contribute to the success of several Office Teams and Enterprise Customers.
• Contribute to the strategy, vision, architecture, and execution for Office Telemetry infrastructure
• Coach and mentor engineers, both technically through code and design reviews
• Guiding the team to develop innovative data engineering solutions and contribute to data democratization in Office organization
• Collaboration with Office Engineering teams to review data needs and build scalable systems to meet internal and external partner needs
• Modernizing the data platform for scale, compliance, and keeping costs in control
• Collaboration with the Data Science team in building and productizing the data science models for Reliability and Growth needs
• OR equivalent experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
• OR equivalent experience.
• Experience in highly scalable web services, data processing, near-real-time systems, and “big data” problems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work