Commercial Kitchen Equipment Service Technician
Who we are:
Choquette CKS, a division of Heritage Food Service Group of Canada, is one of the largest service providers for the food service industry in eastern Canada. We have over 100 years of history, and our licensed, factory-trained technicians minimize downtime and prioritize urgent service. In addition, we have an extensive support team to drive service excellence and we maintain a sizable inventory of OEM parts. We are the industry leader in Canada, and we care beyond service!
A Day in the life:
If you have experience as a hot-side equipment Service Technician or similar work experience, this may be the right fit for you. You will be servicing commercial cooking equipment, commercial gas, steam, and electric food equipment such as: coffee machines, toasters, slicers, ranges, fryers, steamers, and combi-ovens. If you are not currently qualified, we will support your future training and educational goals. Your role will use your industry knowledge to service complex equipment, while providing exceptional customer service to our customers – you get to be the HERO every day!
What you bring:
- Education in appliance service, or a related field is preferred
- Gasfitter certification preferred or willing to learn during training
- Experience diagnosing and trouble-shooting commercial food equipment
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Valid driver’s license with a relatively clean driving record
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, accountable and self-driven
- Must be available to work overtime and participate in the on-call rotation
- Able to occasionally travel to work at other locations as needed, or travel for training purposes
Why work for us?
- Industry-leading compensation
- Our hiring range is broad to reflect the skillset of each technician
- Each day brings new challenges and endless learning opportunities
- Comprehensive group benefits and retirement savings program
- Extended health, dental, STD and LTD
- All technicians receive a company vehicle, specialty tools and uniforms
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Industry-leading OEM manufacturer training for our technicians to keep up to date with industry knowledge
- In-house and on-the-job training provided on a variety of kitchen equipment
- We continue to invest in developing our team members, and pay for gas schooling or refrigeration apprenticeship
- 24/7 Resources and Support
- You will be supported by parts experts, technical service support specialists, dispatchers, customer service representatives and field service leaders
- Superior Scheduling
- Our operation is year-round with no seasonal downtime
- Industry leaders in Canada
- You will be part of a growing, stable organization, that is the industry leader in Canada
We are committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under the applicable accessibility laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We put safety first, and deliver service excellence with integrity, from a team-driven, collaborative mindset. We support community, both internally and externally. Come join us and be part of a Canadian industry leader in commercial kitchen equipment service.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at:https://rghenderson.prevueaps.com/jobs/