Work type: Full time
Categories: Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports & Bulk is one of the leading integrated logistics solutions providers in Australia. As an ASX top 200 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of solutions to our clients through our national network capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia and New Zealand.
Qube Ports is the major integrated port solutions provider in Australia, with services and facilities in over 28 Australian Ports, together with cargo storage, materials handling and distribution operations in all Australian states. This allows us to lead the market in providing purpose designed solutions for our customers handling containers, bulk, automotive and general cargo.
Reporting to the Victoria Operations Manager, this hands on leadership role is integral in managing our Stevedoring operations and will drive operational and safety performance. The successful applicant will thrive on working in a dynamic environment and be committed to quality and continuous improvement with a focus on safety and customer performance standards.
This is a full time role, however hours are irregular and shifts will vary from day to day.
- Plan, organise and manage the operations achieving safe and effective results including vessel planning and allocation of labour
- Lead, motivate and direct employees to perform their functions in accordance with safety and operational standards
- Ensure that all statutory obligations and company policies in respect to Human Resources, WHS&E are adhered to at all times
- Manage individual employee performance including discipline, grievances and training in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- Ensure adequate security is maintained on site at all times
- Liaise with clients in relation to the progress of their operations and to establish and maintain productive relationships
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and standard operating procedures of Qube and client organisations
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Supervisory experience in the stevedoring, bulk handling or similar industry.
- Experience in high risk operating environments
- Understanding of operational capabilities of machinery and lifting gear
- Experience in regulated workplace environments.
- Computer skills – Excel, word, outlook
- Tertiary qualifications in logistics/ related field
- Appropriate licences eg. forklift, rigger, crane, Front End Loader (FEL), LV & HV
- Up to 50% off gyms, studios, active wear, healthy meals, supplements, recovery and more through the Qube Fit program.
- Discounted health insurance
- Special paid leave to participate in volunteering activities
- Unlimited access to employee assistance program delivered through Benestar
- Generous paid parental leave
- Access to Qube wellbeing program
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
If you want to invest in your future and we will help you reach your full potential.
Advertised: 17 May 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 31 May 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time