WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team during the hiring process.
Join our community.
This role is a brilliant opportunity to develop your analytical skills, experience and work in a fast-paced area that delivers on making a real difference for our customers and the business. Financial Support is an integral part of Santander; increasingly so in these times of potential economic uncertainty – since the start of 2022, we’ve introduced bank-wide early intervention campaigns within Financial Support, developed numerous strategy advancements (with +£million benefit) and much more!
You’ll develop original, industry leading, analytical techniques for tackling complex and varied business problems.
You’ll solve complex business problems, using data analysis software to provide practical value-based solutions.
The difference you’ll make.
- Identifying key portfolio issues requiring further investigation using in depth knowledge of credit portfolio performance.
- Developing and implementing appropriate value based Financial Support (arrears), strategies, models and controls.
- Taking accountability for an area of Financial Support strategy, monitoring performance, clearly communicating issues, developing and recommending changes where appropriate.
- Ensuring that strong links are maintained across Financial Support and other key business areas.
- Conducting detailed statistical data analysis using appropriate analysis software.
What you’ll bring.
- Mathematical background e.g., A ‘level / Degree level, or equivalent experience, in a numerate subject (such as Maths, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, Engineering).
- Very high degree of mathematical and computer literacy with strong analytical skills.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- A developing awareness of credit industry products and markets.
- Creative thinking as many problems are unprecedented and without guidelines.
- Resilient to setbacks, with the tenacity and drive required to solve complex challenging problems.
- SAS/SQL/Python or coding experience
What else you need to know.
This is a permanent fulltime role and will be based at one of the Head office Locations.
At Santander we’re creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- We put 8% of salary into your pension, even if you don’t contribute yourself. We’ll pay in up to 12.5% of salary, if you contribute as well, and you can take some of our contribution in cash if you prefer
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including : Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
If there’s anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it’s a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we’re available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at [email protected] or call 0870 414 9080.