In 1980, Skyward was a small technology business ran from a family home. Today, we are made up of over 650 employees and serve over 2,000 school districts worldwide. While a lot has changed over the years, our roots have stayed the same.If you are looking to join a global company with a family feel, you’ll find your perfect fit at Skyward! Skyward builds software solutions for K – 12 schools. Just imagine every day getting to help students, teachers, and school administrators succeed! You can’t say that about every job!
We take great pride in our work, but also in our work environment; teamwork, enthusiasm, continuous improvement, and, of course, a bit of fun are what make us tick. When you join our team there is only one way your career will go – Skyward!
- Skyward is an equal opportunity employer
- Skyward offers in-depth training for all new employees and ongoing training and development with opportunities for career advancement
- A typical workweek at Skyward is Monday – Friday, with a typical workday of 8 hours between 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Depending on your role Skyward offers the flexibility of work from home and in-office days
To learn more about Skywards careers, history, products, and customers go to www.skyward.com.
Thank you for your interest in Skyward!
Position: Technical Writer
- May include remote opportunities in the following states: AZ, FL, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, TN, TX, UT, WI. No relocation assistance is provided.
Starting Salary: $47,747.96 – $52,522.76 (Salary commensurate with experience)
Software Technical Writer develops content information on Skyward data systems, software usage, and processes. Content created is incorporated into the content management system available for product support by end users (customers), Skyward support staff, and software training. Content is developed through cooperation with product owners, development scrum teams, training team, customer service, and end users.
Researches, writes, and maintains content while working within department standards and guidelines. Ensures that increase the quality and usability of assigned product content deliverable. Where appropriate, provides input on the usability of the product.
Key attributes of a Technical Writer include:
- Excellent writing skills, with knowledge of and adherence to standard software document styles
- Understands the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and the corporate information model for developing content and uses that understanding to produce effective user-centered content
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to be able to work well within a team environment
- Accuracy in work habits and data entry
- Verbal communication skills to express issues related to completion of project
- Demonstrated skills in learning information and procedures quickly
- Develops knowledge of Skyward software functionality
- Writes content pieces on software functionality and usage, applying appropriate style and DITA standards
- Participates in Content and eLearning team backlog development and refining, as well as project time estimates
- Meets team timelines for development of written content
- Immediate supervisor may assign other short-term duties and responsibilities
For the full job description, click below:
Technical Writer Job Description
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Skyward, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Click the title to view details about the law.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Transparency in Coverage
- Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes these Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Skyward.