Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
ADGA Group Consultants Inc is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Technical Writer. Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the following: working with documentation including help text, user manuals, training materials, technical documentation, and web page content. They will be conducting reviews and establishing documentation standards and existing project documentation, gathering information concerning the features and functions provided by automated information systems from users and system developers. Preparing and coordinating any required illustrations and diagrams, designing the layout of manuals and preparing final camera-ready copy, as well as preparing training materials.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or better in Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
- 3 years of recent experience performing the tasks including:
- Working with documentation including help text, user manuals, training materials, technical documentation, and web page content.
- Conducting reviews and establishing documentation standards and existing project documentation.
- Gathering information concerning the features and functions provided by automated information systems from users and system developers.
- Preparing and coordinating the preparing any required illustrations and diagrams.
- Designing the layout of manuals and preparing final camera ready copy.
- Preparing training materials.
- Currently hold or be eligible to obtain a Government of Canada Secret clearance at the level of Secret (Level II)
- Willing to work on-site in Shirley Bay, Ontario
- Current or previous experience working in a Defence and/or Modeling and Simulation Environment will be considered a strong asset.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
Since being acquired by Commissionaires Ottawa, ADGA has adopted the social mandate of Commissionaires to create meaningful employment opportunities and generate financial resources for veterans of the CAF, RCMP, their families, and fellow citizens who share a passion to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.