:At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
At UL Solutions, we know why we come to work: Cimteq by UL Solutions is the leading provider of software for the design and manufacture of wire and cables, which is used by some of the largest wire and cable manufacturers around the world, with over 95% of our customer base located outside of the UK.
Our software is used to design cables for power transmission and communications, over the ground, under the sea, through the air and even in space. We are undergoing an exciting transformation as we bring new products to market to support our ambitious growth plans.
We are looking to hire a Technical Writer, who will write online help for our Cable and Wire Design and Manufacturing software solutions. You will be a member of our Product Development team and will work closely with our Product Owners, Business Analysts and Development Teams.
What you’ll learn & achieve::
- Write online help that spans conceptual, reference, procedural, and programmatic topics as well as release notes.
- Write, maintain, edit and provide feedback on various types of documentation as needed, e.g. online help, best practice documents, release notes, software configuration guides, user guides and training presentations.
- Iteratively develop and follow corporate style guides.
- Understand your audience and user needs to produce useful technical content.
- Work closely with the Product Development, Developers, and Quality Assurance to create accurate and clear technical documentation.
What makes you a great fit::
- strong background in science/technology as well as in an arts or written-communication-based subject, and with a willingness to learn and grow within the role.
- Passionate about communicating technical information in an accessible way
- Interested in user needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized, efficient, logical, and detail-orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. patient, energetic, and self-driven)
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and processes using structured authoring methods
- Strong editing skills
- Basic understanding of XML
What you’ll experience working at UL::Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Learn More::Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit our company page www.UL.com
To apply, please use the button below.