About The Role
PD&MS Group have a great opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our progressive Business Development team based in Aberdeen on a full time, permanent basis.
This role is responsible for creating bid documents which detail the technical solution and demonstrate the competency and experience PD&MS have in answer to scope of works. Working closely with the Business Development Team, the Technical Writer will be required to understand the project requirements, research, outline, write and edit bid content.
- Develop, gather, and disseminate technical solutions
- Researching and gathering technical information from internal Subject Matter Experts, ensuring solutions are fit for Client purpose
- Work closely with the Business Development team, to develop win themes and creative solutions
- Responsible for creating clear and concise material, taking care of editing and proofreading tasks in relation to technical responses to bids
- Updating and maintaining a library of bid and proposal technical documentation
- Revising and rewriting existing technical literature
- Testing whether users understand newly developed material
- Collaborating with Engineers, Managers, Directors and other technical specialists to ensure they understand the subject
- Work closely with printers, illustrators, graphic designers, translators and other relevant professionals
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in the industry
The successful candidate would ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to work within a fast paced, collaborative, team orientated environment
- Must be comfortable working independently to gather the correct information from all stakeholders
- Very organised, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects with a high level of accuracy
- Offers creativity and an innovative approach to work
- Professional conduct
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Background in Engineering
- Significant experience in technical solution roles
- Experience within bid is preferred but not essential
- Significant, demonstrable experience in successful development Win Strategies
- Significant experience in proposal development and tender negotiations
Our Company delivers small, medium and large sized brownfield engineering and construction projects to both onshore and offshore facilities within the UKCS, and beyond.
In addition to our Oil & Gas delivery stream we are leading the way in the Low Carbon Energy Sector, as well as providing opportunities in Energy Transition and Cleantech sectors.
We strongly believe in our core values, the PD&MS GENES, which defines who we are and what we do on a daily basis, the way we deliver and what our company stands for. Each Gene is underpinned by our safety message “without compromise to safety or quality”, safety and quality do not stand alone as company values because they are integrated into everything we do.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value inclusion and diversity. We welcome applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran or disability status.