Digital Services and Real Property is currently looking to staff the Technical Writer position.
The technical writer is responsible for producing, maintaining, and publishing documentation required by operations and projects under Digital Services and Real Property. The technical writer analyzes technical content in order to create documentation such as quick trouble shooting guides, support processes, internal communiqués, product technical notes and SOPs for various target audiences (including Members of Parliament and their staff) and in both official languages (with the assistance of the Translation Bureau).
Top Reasons to Join the Digital Services and Real Property Team
If you are a detailed oriented and passionate about technical writing, communication and IT, this job is for you! Working in a multifunctional team in Digital Services and Real Property, you will be the leader in technical writing for all the technical teams. This key role is unique, fulfilling and will allow you to develop and succeed in different fields within the organization.
- Training and development opportunities
- Work-life balance /35-hour workweek
- 4 weeks’ vacation (minimum)
- University degree in a related field (e.g. translation, communications, linguistics) OR an acceptable combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Experience in writing and updating information technology (IT) technical documents;
- Experience in reviewing end-user, client-facing documents (non-technical audience);
- Experience conducting document quality assurance and proofing documents for publishing;
- Experience in dealing with clients and delivering products on time;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word (e.g. formatting, using styles);
- Knowledge of writing tools, software and techniques.
- Experience in creating and maintaining procedures of business process documents;
- Knowledge in Web Accessibility.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace by providing a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you have an accommodation request, require material in an accessible format, or need additional support with the application process, please contact Recruitment and Selection Services at
Each bilingual position is assigned a linguistic profile that identifies the level of second language proficiency for reading comprehension, written expression and oral interaction required. The profile for this position is CCC. Consideration may be given to candidates with other linguistic profiles.
Qualified candidates may be considered for future vacancies for this role or for other similar and/or related roles on an indeterminate and/or fixed term basis.
Learn more about us! Visit Ourcommons.ca.
To learn about our hiring process, visit Eligibility and Selection.