£52,800 up to £90,200 per annum – This isn’t starting a new job. This is starting a new journey.
We need savvy, commercial, business managers to lead and direct a group of Lidl stores to join our team.
To be an Area Manager at Lidl, you’ll need to have the perfect blend of commercial and practical. Running a group of 4 to 6 Lidl stores and being responsible for up to 200 employees takes strategic leadership. But stepping in when one of your Store Managers is struggling and spending time to coach them on how to lead a successful store, takes a love of hands-on hard work and a practical approach. You’ll be able to lead and motivate your teams because you’ll learn exactly what it takes to do each of their roles – your training will mean working as a Customer Assistant and in Store Management. Then you’ll take on an area of stores and be responsible for taking the business strategy and making it work in your stores, ensuring they hit their targets and that the teams continue to grow and develop.
The process will include a telephone interview and a face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you’ll do
- Visit your stores regularly and set focus points with your Store Managers
- Support your Store Managers to recruit, train and develop their teams
- Work with and mentor your Store Managers on their store performance
- Help your store managers problem-solve and address any issues they escalate to you
- Visit the regional office for monthly meetings and ensure you’re aligned with your colleagues
What you’ll need
- Considerable experience leading a team across multiple sites and achieving the best results
- The ability to understand complex reports and put the necessary actions in place
- Capability to learn and understand the Lidl model and processes and follow them effectively
- A confident, decisive communication style and the ability to motivate your team
- The willingness to learn, be hands-on, and take the lead on strategy and planning
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. We’re proud to have a culture and salary structure that promotes both the equality of opportunity and pay.
Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re delighted to offer a competitive salary £52,800 up to £90,200* with 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata) and a fully expensed company car. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets, and much more.
- inclusive of 10% London Weighting
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.