You will be working in a fast-paced role that requires excellent organisational and time management skills, managing a high number of client contact sessions each day. There will be emotionally challenging conversations in this role. It is normal to feel affected by these at times. However we would support you to focus on ways to manage your own wellbeing at work. The service also provides regular structured supervision sessions which will support you within the role. Client sessions are highly structured, approximately half involve assessing the mental health needs of new clients, which could involve signposting to other organisations. The remainder of the role involves delivering 30-minute coaching sessions using brief cognitive behavioral therapy-based techniques, delivered via telephone, video calls, webinars, computerized CBT and face to face.
The trainee PWP position includes undertaking the Post Graduate or Undergraduate certificate in evidence based low intensity CBT at UEA depending on prior qualifications. This training is accompanied by client facing work throughout.
You can find out more about the PWP training on the UEA website.
If you are invited to interview, you must bring with you the original certificates and evidence for any relevant academic qualifications you hold. Offers cannot be made without this information.
Attendance at all UEA teaching days is compulsory and annual leave cannot be booked for UEA teaching days. Attendance is monitored and to ensure adequate development of competency trainees must ensure that their attendance does not fall below a set minimum (80% per module).
The UEA training course commences on 11thSeptember 2023. Therefore successful applicants will need to be available from that time.
Successful applicants will therefore need to demonstrate:
- Dedication to high level quality care
- Excellent time management administration and IT skills to manage a high-volume caseload
- Emotional resilience and openness to explore own self care
- Understanding of the aims of the NHS Talking Therapies for Anxiety and Depression programme and willingness to work to within a target focused environment
- Ability to work at specific locations in Norfolk
- Ability to work flexibly, including some evenings within operational hours once qualified. (standard service operating hours Mon-Fri- 8am-8pm)