Database administrator / DBA
A Microsoft (MS) partner, Itergy has built an enviable reputation with its skills in the design, integration and management of MS architectures for large and very large enterprises, always according to industry best practices. Our strong Managed Services and Project Management teams support our clients’ operations and carry out architectural projects in the context of mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, consolidation of MS Active Directory, as well as on various migration of on-premises environments to Azure/Cloud or hybrid environments.
As a member of the Managed Services team, the Database Administrator will administer and support our clients’ database management activities, manage incidents (multi-client support, multi-technology ) and participate in various related projects. You can count on the support of competent and passionate colleagues in an environment focused on mutual aid and collaboration.
- Monitor and optimize the performance and availability of our customers’ SQL Server (60%) and Oracle (40%) databases;
- Monitor and maintain databases in replication (Log Shipping, Always-On, Dataguard, Mirroring, etc.);
- Monitor and maintain clustered databases (Always-On, Microsoft Failover Cluster, Oracle RAC);
- Administer, configure and use backup tools for restoring databases;
- Manage security patches;
- Plan and execute database migrations;
- Set up test environments for specific projects;
- Evaluate the performance of customer database environments;
- Develop PL/SQL, T-SQL and Linux/Unix Shell scripts;
- Write and maintain technical documentation on our customers’ environments (multiple versions, heterogeneous environments);
- Share your knowledge with other team members and client teams (workshops, presentations, etc.);
- Collaborate with other database administrators, developers and system administrators to solve complex problems and incidents:
- Communicate effectively and professionally on technical matters with internal stakeholders and customers; Perform ongoing training on advanced technologies (laboratory environment, self-training, webinar, etc.).
**Note that bilingualism and the ability to work in French to meet the demands of our customers are required**
- You demonstrate at least 5 years of experience managing SQL Server and Oracle databases;
- You are an expert in the analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex incidents concerning SQL Server and Oracle database infrastructures;
- You are creative in finding solutions to functional problems and never loose sight of continuously improving and of optimizing the efficiency of databases;
- You enjoy working in a team;
- You are a diplomat and know how to adapt your communication according to your interlocutors.
What Itergy offers :
Itergy offers a competitive salary, a bonus paid on a quarterly basis, comprehensive group insurance and a monetary contribution for your well-being. Itergy is also an employer who guarantees equal opportunities, who values personal and professional development, and who offers the conditions and the environment allowing employees to develop and flourish.
Are you curious and would like to learn more about this opportunity or about Itergy and our culture? So do not hesitate to submit your application by applying on this posting. If your profile meets our needs and meets the majority of the required skills, we will contact you as soon as possible to explore what you are looking for in your next challenges and see if Itergy can meet your expectations.
Looking forward to discussing your career and this opportunity with you!