We are Fujitsu
We use technology to make happier lives. We are a global leader in technology and business solutions that transform organizations and the world around us. We have a long heritage of bringing innovation and expertise, continuously working to contribute to the growth of society and our customers.
About the role
This is a development and support role within our Public Safety Practice supporting a major customer’s system for state-wide operations. The resource will work with the Public Safety Practice development team to design, develop and support various applications and interfaces for the system within the Australian customer base while also supporting the core system in the customer
- Application and Interface Development
- System Administration services including a) the distribution of data b) managing system configuration files c) management of data in MS SQL
- Provide level 2 and 3 support for applications and provided by Fujitsu.
- Timely and efficient resolution of incidents and tasks assigned by customer.
- Fault resolution and change management to agreed change control procedures and managing the technical aspects of the release and testing processes.
- On call responsibilities as part of a roster.
- Software development experience in a corporate development team
- Experience with the complete SDLC using varying methodologies
- Experience with C# .Net Core
- Application support experience
- Experience working directly with a customer
- Ability to learn frameworks and languages quickly
- Experience with PostgreSQL and GeoServer
- Strong delivery background
- Software development
- Basic Microsoft Windows server administration
- Competent with SQL databases
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
Non Technical Competencies:
- Configuration management
- Business analysis techniques
- Incident, problem and change management
- Document and source control
- Time management
- Understanding of current software design principles, methodologies and technologies
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to adapt to a situation quickly and improvise
- Strong communication and client liaison skills
- Ability to develop an understanding of the business and culture of Emergency Service organisations
- Ability to foster positive client relationships for future Fujitsu business opportunities
- Ability to think outside the square to deliver excellence
- Ability to work with a development team at pace
- Want and passion for the work that you do
We are an organization with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
- We put people first. We believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation and our Work180 accreditation, AWEI Gold Employer status and Rainbow Tick certification for LGBTI+ inclusion show that we value an inclusive culture.
- We offer tailored career paths across our global organisation to support your professional and personal growth.
- Our customers trust us. We have an excellent reputation across the region and globally.
- Best in class reward and recognition programs – flexible work, volunteering leave and more.
- We live our values of aspiration, trust and empathy, all day, every day.
As an inclusive employer, Fujitsu aims to recruit a diverse range of talents to help us achieve our purpose. In line with our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy, we welcome applications from women and gender diverse people; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; Māori and Pacific people; LGBTI+ people; people with a disability; culturally and linguistically diverse people; and veterans and emergency responders.
If you don’t tick every box in this job description, please don’t rule yourself out. Research suggests that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. We focus on hiring people who value inclusion, collaboration, adaptability, courage, and integrity, rather than ticking boxes – so if this resonates with you, then please apply.