To take responsibility for specific developments within the geographical area of the Division and to oversee associated construction teams to provide a quality product efficiently, safely and professionally; within set budgets and agreed timescales to the Redrow standards. To be a link between developments and the divisional office and the group functions (L&D, IT, HS&E, HR), to enhance the reputation of the company. An Area Construction Manager must be multifaceted, be a good communicator, leader and initiator, along with being organised, driven and focused.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy ‘Roles and Responsibilities’ and ensure compliance from the Project Manager and/or Site Manager.
- In conjunction with the Construction Director / Head of Construction; (I) set build sequence, (ii) set locations for compound/storage/silo(s), (iii) create and adjust build programmes on SBMS and communicate to the Project Manager and/or Site Manager, and (iv) identify critical path issues that could affect the programme and put plans in place to reduce impact.
- Monitor and inspect quality and presentation to ensure that the highest standards are being achieved and encourage continuous improvement.
- Lead, motivate, support, guide and develop the Project Manager and/or Site Manager / Senior Site Manager.
- Ensure full understanding of the customer journey both pre and post legal completion and ensure the Project Manager and/or Site Manager / Senior Site Managers are adhering to this.