Department of Health & Wellbeing
Adult and Community Services
2 x 37 hour posts
Working across the Bradford District
Band 8: £24,920 – £27,514 pa (SCP 17 to 22) (Pro rata for Part Time Posts)
The Department is in the process of developing a new team and this is an opportunity for enthusiastic and committed individuals to be part of this new and exciting venture, working in the community in peoples own homes, Residential Resource Centres and the possibility of supporting placements within Independent provider services.
We are looking for people who are:
- Positive in their outlook, energetic, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, with the ability to assist with supporting the management of a large team
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently (Verbal and written) with the ability to write good clear and accurate records.
- Able to oversee the day to day management of the Community Outreach Support Team, allocating work and efficiently and economically deploying the team on a priority needs basis.
- Flexible to respond to individuals and situations, and the ability to stimulate, motivate and encourage independence and enablement.
- Ability to assist with the development of service plans, the setting of targets and objectives, team goals and the monitoring of outcomes of the service to meet CQC requirements.
- To provide supervision and appraisals to staff as appropriate.
- To carry out duties with due regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy and to undergo such training that may be required in relation to the policy and inform staff of any developments of the Equal Opportunity Policy and associated strategies.
Applicants must have:
- A Minimum of 4 years’ experience working within the adult care sector including 2 years’ experience in supervising staff.
- NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- A full clean driving licence and have the ability to use their own car for work business for which mileage allowance is paid.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under Special Knowledge and Experience on the Job Profile, which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
The post holders must be able to work weekends and some bank holidays and be flexible as required by the needs of the Service.
For further information regarding this post please contact – [email protected]
Closing Date: ONGOING
Please find the Job Profile attached: Assistant Unit Manager Job Profile.doc