Purpose of Role:
The Copywriter creates world-class copy that is in the Lowe’s brand voice with a demonstrated flexibility to write broad brand messages as well as promotional copy.
The Copywriter translates the business brief into consumer-friendly concepts and communications. This requires an understanding of the customer mindset and the ability to find a unique reason to believe, and to convince our customers Lowe’s is the preferred retailer for their needs. The Copywriter writes a range of options to meet the needs of the business.
The Copywriter works independently, with a Designer, or as part of larger brainstorming sessions. The Copywriter must have experience across multiple channels, including email, digital, social media, radio, print, and signage.
- The Copywriter works with Designers to bring marketing strategies to life. They also partner with other Copywriters to ensure consistency in brand voice across all customer-facing work.
- Produces copy options for advertising materials including, but not limited to, email, radio, in-store signage and digital media
- On a daily basis, the Copywriter carries a full workload of writing requests.
- Executes creative assignments independently and as part of a team
- Writes to consistently high standards that enhance the Lowe’s brand
- Works within Workfront for job workload management
- Utilizes ProofHQ to make edits and proofread
- Presents work to CD as part of a daily Creative Review
- Bachelor’s degree in English
- 4+ years’ experience in Advertising/Marketing as a Copywriter
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write in brand voice while displaying expertise in grammar, spelling and punctuation
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 17 million customer transactions a week in the U.S. With total fiscal year 2022 sales of over $97 billion, approximately $92 billion of sales were generated in the U.S., where Lowe’s operates over 1,700 home improvement stores and employs approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Pay Range for CA, CO, NJ, NY, WA: $68,400.00 – $114,000.00 annually
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits. Pay Range for CA, CO, NJ, NY, WA: $68,400.00 – $114,000.00 annually Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits.