Closing Date for Applications: Friday 16 June 2023 midnight
Full Time | Permanent Position
The Database Administrator is responsible for efficient and accurate data management across various databases and has overall responsibility for: the accurate and timely entry of student enrolment and results data with VCAA and IBO. They provide support for the internal and external examination supervisors; source, manipulate, and present data in various formats to staff; developing systems and protocols to enhance efficiency to support the Senior School Curriculum Co-Ordinator’s’.
Some of your primary duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Accurate data entry, data maintenance and management of all VASS requirements for the College
- Create and maintain the student enrolments and subject data in the IBIS database for IB students
- Manage, collate and input all USIs as part of mandatory reporting to AQTF
- Manage and evaluate VETtrak and accommodation of VETtrak administrator on MLC visits, as required
- Provide support to the Assistant Timetabler with exam logistics (both internal and external)
- Generate data reports as requested by key contacts
MLC is a leading independent girls’ day and boarding school in the inner east of Melbourne. Our unmatched breadth of learning and wellbeing experiences and environments inspires and supports MLC students to find and nurture their individual interests and talents and achieve their best.
Known for our commitment to excellence and innovation in education combined with the unmatched breadth of our curriculum, co-curricular activities, and College resources ensures our students discover their strengths and interests, nurture their talents, forge their own paths and achieve their best.
MLC students are empowered to be confident and resilient global citizens who possess the skills, knowledge and attitude to thrive throughout every stage of their schooling and in an ever-changing, globalised world.
- Experience in database management, understanding queries and data manipulation.
- Superior competence with Microsoft 365 suite specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of relationships between various systems across the College and how they connect
- Strong attention to detail combined with excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
- The ability to think creatively to solve problems and improve procedures.
- A current Working with Children Check and Police Check
- Be a strategic thinker, open to ideas, striving for excellence and have a high level of integrity
For further information regarding this position, please reach out to MLC Human Resources [email protected] or 9274 6460.
MLC puts child safety at the forefront and are committed to providing a child safe environment. The safety of our students is paramount and is the responsibility of all of our staff.
We encourage applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible, as early submissions will be reviewed and considered prior to the official closing date.
Please note that interviews may commence before the specified closing date for certain roles. Our recruitment team will begin shortlisting candidates who have submitted their applications early and demonstrate strong potential for the position.
Please be aware that while we make every effort to adhere to the stated closing dates, we may need to close the application process earlier if a significant number of qualified candidates are identified before the official deadline.