Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
The Demo Engineer role will help to build and manage one of the most valuable sales assets: a demo environment. This is the core customer-facing demo template used by Solutions Engineers, Account Executives, and others across the company. This individual should be passionate about creating and executing demos, have deep knowledge of Slack, and a desire to contribute to the greater good.
• Create the world’s best demo environment and tools for the Sales organization
• Provide thought leadership on demo development and execution
• Increase sales success by improving demo quality and ability to innovate
• Increase SE productivity by reducing the time required to configure demos
• Design and build new demo scenarios that highlight the value of our platform.
• Track, research, and implement solutions to issues affecting those using the demo environments
• Document changes and track progress toward goals
• Become an expert in the Slack platform and deliver creative ways to bring integrations to life
• Monitor Slack and respond to inquiries, test, track, and resolve issues
• Identify opportunities for automation and develop specifications for new tools
• Stay up to date on upcoming features and own the demo strategy for them
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
• A love for design and building from scratch; problem-solving is in your DNA
• Familiarity with navigating an API and Slack app development
• The technical aptitude to understand system integrations, data migration, and implementation considerations
• The ability to work independently toward deadlines and a willingness to take ownership of issues
• Computer Science or equivalent bachelor’s degree required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.