The Whim Hospitality Director of Brand & PR should be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who is accustomed to working in a family run – high growth company. They will be creative and love to collaborate with other decision-makers. As a boss they will be fair, kind and results driven. This person will need to know how to structure themselves and staff. Every day brings its own personality and things to prioritize. This person will learn the brand and will successfully grow it into a recognizable brand globally. This position will office at the idyllic Camp Lucy Resort in Dripping Springs, TX 78620 full-time, and currently will report into ownership.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Planning, implementing, and initiating marketing plans with ownership for the success of Camp Lucy and Whim Hospitality
- Assisting in maximizing revenues and creating dynamic plans to increase exposure and business levels.
- Ensure all brand standards are followed through all channels and establish new standards as needed.
- Bi-weekly and monthly reporting on marketing efforts
- Establishing KPIs with the Controller and presenting the dashboard of the results
- Ensuring weekly marketing content for PR firm partner Giant Noise
- Managing influencer relationships which entails standards of expectations and scheduling of visits and postings.
- Create engaging on-brand content across all channels.
- Research and stay up to date on all social media outlets, online platforms, and trends.
- Assist in cataloging photography and assets.
- Maintain and oversee the success of the websites.
- Promote internal events, sales initiatives, and general happenings within the company.
- Manage all collateral, branded graphics, and advertisements created by our graphic designer or contract companies.
- Work closely with leadership teams on marketing needs.
- Curate all written material for the websites, advertisements, and press releases with the company voice
- Vet and recommend advertorials, directories, local guides, and partnership opportunities.
- Management and training of marketing staff
- Organization and management of marketing assets
- Execute press releases and pitches to the media.
- Track company press, features and awards and capitalize on any publicity.
- Write Any necessary press releases and oversee PR campaign goals, timeline, and deliverables.
- Track ROI on initiatives
- Manage relationship with digital marketing company.
- Manage relationship with PR and website development companies.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Five to seven years’ experience in public relations, social media marketing, and marketing communications
- Luxury hotel, weddings, spa, restaurant, and hospitality experience is preferred.
- A university degree in journalism, business marketing, communications or equivalent experience in public relations or journalism
- Proven relationships with media, community and business contacts that have delivered demonstrable results, and the personality to maximize these contacts.
- Proficiency in leveraging social media networks and analytics.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong team management skills
- Direct and current knowledge of digital marketing strategies and updates
- Direct and current knowledge of back-end website workings
- Ability to manage a team effectively and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to distill Whim Hospitality into a relatable and iconic brand.
- Experience with working with agencies and PR firms
- Experience creating and implementing branded events.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 120 Hours of flexible paid time off + 9 paid Holidays
- Employee discount at resort and restaurant
- Flexible and creative working environment
Does this job description have you dancing in your chair? Bring on the #whimjoy, we’d love to hear from you. Please be prepared to share an online portfolio showcasing past work.
Powered by JazzHR