At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, product owners, and stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Design mid-size product E2E solution with guidance from senior developer if required
- Produce reliable, testable, scalable lines of codes with support of the senior developers.
- Investigate and debug reported bugs to provide quick turnaround to our impacted customers or unblocking potential releases.
- Write and maintain new and existing technical documentations
- Communicate effectively with your team members and across the organization
- Analyze and troubleshoot production issues, identify root causes, and provide timely resolutions
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies, industry trends, and best practices to continuously improve software development processes and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-4 years of development work experience
- Proficiency developing object-oriented software in Java (Java 8+)
- Proficiency in SQL Language (MySQL or Oracle preferred) and data modeling
- Experience with Unit testing (JUnit, Jest) and UI Automation tests (Cypress).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience supporting, designing, developing, and delivering software platforms
- Experience working with REST APIs and GraphQL
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with macOS.
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with NodeJS, Micro frontends and Monorepo is an asset
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.