We are looking for world-class Software Architects who are extremely passionate about building top-tier software solutions. This is a hands-on position where you will get to experiment, evaluate and recommend the best technology available for our needs and build proof of concepts to aid in Architecture and Delivery decision-making.
As a Software Architect, you serve as a seasoned member of a team by incorporating leading best practices and collaborating with other architects to develop high-quality architecture solutions for various software applications and platforms. You are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Monitor technology evolution and make technology roadmap recommendations.
- Help define and deliver a world-class technology roadmap.
- Review and challenge existing architecture/libraries/tooling/etc. with a view to making long-term improvements.
- Provide inception to aid product and development decisions.
- Represents a product in architectural governance bodies
- Leads the product team in evaluating new technologies using existing standards and frameworks, and develops recommendations to influence progress to modern architecture
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to architecture communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience as a Software Architect designing enterprise applications.
- Strong development skills in building systems using proven design patterns.
- Experience integrating with RESTful services. Experience of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS.
- Expert knowledge in statically typed, object oriented programming languages, such as C# and/or Java.
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals, and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal-opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.