About DSS, Inc.
DSS is a health information software development and systems integration company, providing services and solutions used daily by thousands of clinicians and administrative staff nationwide, in the public and private sectors. At DSS our people are our greatest asset. We believe in cultivating our talent and encouraging ambitions, so that our employees grow as our business grows.
We are seeking a hands-on SeniorDatabase Administrator who can install, configure, monitor and perform problem determination for databases, servers and software. You will be responsible for providing a broad range of IT disciplines including: Database and System performance and resiliency, network performance, security administration, and operations in physical/virtual Cloud Windows and Linux Environments.
What you’ll do:
- Administer, Design, Monitor and support MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cloud(Azure/Aws RDS) databases and Cache databases.
- Serve as a Database Administrator for On-Prem and Cloud Environments, Products, solutions supported by DSS.
- Implement architectural enhancements on the database tier of the solutions suite to further improve system performance and scalability.
- Provide leadership and direction related to operational backup/recovery strategies.
- Work with Microsoft technologies, primarily in MS SQL and associated products.
- Guide technology directions by recommending specific technologies to pursue related to the database tier as well as suggesting training and staff development activities.
- On call 24/7.
The preceding functions are examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make a reasonable accommodation as needed.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 8+ years of experience administering Windows, Linux Server operating systems.
- 3+ years of experience administering servers, databases and services in the Azure/AWS Cloud.
- 5+ years of experience running SQL, PostgreSQL/MySQL on Linux in a Virtualized and Cloud environments.
- Experience working with the application team to ensure that proper methods are used to embed data access, modification logic into application programs, create and maintain effective database-coupled application logic (stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, etc.)
- Practical experience with the installation, maintenance, and upgrades of SQL Server
- Practical experience with data migration and data replication tools, technologies, and strategies
- Knowledge of SQL Server, SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Integration Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
DSS, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace (DFWP).
DSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EOE), Affirmative Action (AA) employer that invites and encourages minorities (M), women (F), veterans (V), veterans preferred (V Preferred), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual) and individuals with disabilities (H) to apply.
We are ADEA and ADA compliant.
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Location: DSS N Palm Beach – North Palm Beach, FL
Job Shift: Day
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
|Standing||10% per day|
|Sitting||80% per day|
|Walking||5% per day|
|Stooping||5% per day|
|Lifting||Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. unassisted|
|Computer Work||80% per day|
|Telephone Work||10% per day|
|Reading||10% per day|
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas. W2 Only
NO C2C, NO H1B’s
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with DSS, Inc., please email
or call (561) 284-7373. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.