Graphitecture Book & Edition, an independent design studio, with locations in Australia (Gold Coast) and Germany, specializing in services for publishing houses, is seeking a Graphic Designer for Books. The ideal candidate will be passionate about designing books and have experience in print-based projects. We have both freelance and permanent roles available for this position, and we are looking for someone who is highly creative and has excellent attention to detail.
- Design books using Adobe InDesign
- Layout pages for simple to very complex books in Microsoft Word or/and Adobe InDesign
- Execute spelling, typography, and layout corrections
- Resize and optimize images in Photoshop
- Create graphics in Illustrator
- Create fillable PDF files in Acrobat
- Create templates in Microsoft Word for editors
- Follow strict given design and typography guidelines
- Pay attention to detail
- Work with diverse platforms
- Work to tight deadlines
- Be reliable, independent, and flexible
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent knowledge of typography, composition, and layout
- Editing in Microsoft Word would be a plus
- Expertise in using industry-standard software/platform
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of written German
- Knowledge in French, Spanish, and/or Italian would be appreciated but not necessary
- Fine attention to detail, exceptional spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with reactive/tight-deadlines
We offer flexible hours (office attendance preferred, but home office work available), a very good perspective to evolve, and an international environment, and we value diversity and inclusion.
If you are passionate about designing books and have a strong eye for detail, we would love to hear from you. Please submit an email application to: [email protected] with your CV, portfolio, and cover letter.
Please indicate which languages you speak.
Join our team at Graphitecture Book & Edition and help us design beautiful and innovative books for our publishing house clients.
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: $25.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Australia (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Upper Coomera, QLD 4209