At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity, and effectiveness of our Teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As Chanel advances its business transformation to deliver its House Sustainability Ambition, this role will make an important contribution to the company’s engagement with internal and external stakeholders on sustainability. The position reports to the Sustainability Content Senior Manager.
The Sustainability Content Team sits within the Global Corporate Sustainability Team, based in Chanel’s headquarters in London. The Team is responsible for developing and overseeing the engagement strategy for sustainability and serving the content needs of the broader sustainability Team through the creation of communications assets and channels for engagement.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Create engaging content and assets to communicate about sustainability both internally and externally, such as case studies, articles, infographics, and videos
- Develop guidelines and toolkits to support the roll-out of sustainability communications initiatives
- Project manage larger sustainability communications projects, developing a clear project plan, budget, and milestones for delivery
- Produce regular analysis reports on the outcomes and impacts of communications activities
- Act as a knowledge manager for the Team by monitoring sustainability news and trends; analyzing and sharing relevant reports; curating knowledge sharing on platforms such as Teams and SharePoint
- Manage the bank of sustainability assets (including case studies, imagery, and messaging toolkits) to ensure they are kept up-to-date and relevant
- Manage the Sustainability communications channels (such as intranet pages and SharePoint) and be responsible for ensuring these are regularly refreshed with relevant content
- Be responsible for the logistics, agenda, and minutes of meetings, such as the Sustainability Communications Committee
- Work in close partnership with subject matter experts in the Sustainability Team, Internal Communications and Corporate Communications Teams to deliver on the ambitions for sustainability engagement
- Manage external agencies as needed
What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- Manage the internal communications plan for sustainability, overseeing the creation and deployment of content across global and local channels
- Develop concepts for global internal campaigns, such as Earth Day, creating campaign content and deployment guidelines
- Manage an internal editorial calendar to support content creation and the amplification of key global, regional and divisional campaigns and communications activities
- Set up and organize internal events for London-based corporate Teams
- Support external engagement activities, such as stakeholder roundtables and messaging toolkits
- Manage updates to the sustainability content on the Chanel website
- Collaborate with external communications to create content for social media channels, such as LinkedIn posts
- Support the response to reactive requests, including media inquiries or requests from membership organizations
You are energized by:
- The challenge of business transformation for a sustainable future
- Synthesizing large volumes of information from various sources and creating an engaging ‘story’
- Working to tight deadlines and delivering high-quality work
- ‘Connecting the dots in a complex organization
What you will bring to the Team:
- Sustainability communications experience gained either in-house or in the agency, with full understanding and demonstrable sensitivity of the issues.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills combined with an editorial mindset.
- A mindset of curiosity that drives you to seek out best practices, stories, and new ideas
- Proven and effective project management, including the ability to work under pressure on complex projects and to deadlines.
- Admirable interpersonal skills to build strong internal and external networks and collaborative relationships.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently. Additional language skills would be valuable.
What you will gain from this experience:
- Joining a Team that is instrumental in the advancement of sustainability within a global organization
- Driving impact for sustainability through internal and external engagement
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity, and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.