Industrial Light & Magic
Apr. 26, 2023
The IT Manager is responsible for planning, managing and operating the technical systems resources and infrastructure that make up the Sydney facility. Key to this role is the presence of infrastructure management, personnel management, planning and budgeting expertise to deliver IT services at a high level of quality and dependability. Critical to the success of this position will be the successful consolidation and transfer of the Lucasfilm IT infrastructure to the new Sydney building.
What You’ll Do
- Manage day-to-date technical operations of systems, desktop, high-performance compute and storage, network, support, telecom to meet studio needs.
- Successfully manage daily requests and workflow requirements in a high performance production environment.
- Foster innovation and systems progression with the specific goal of increasing systems and service delivery while lowering costs.
- Serve as the primary liaison between IT and our third party vendors in the region.
- Manage project team and feedback for technology built out of the new planned facility.
- Ensure that Operations continuity and recovery plans are maintained in line with overall IT Service Continuity Plans and Business Continuity Plans.
- Look after operations personnel matters, including staff development, training, education, performance reviews, appraisals, disciplinary issues and counselling.
- Manage client expectations by providing periodic status updates (written and oral), prioritise, categorise client requests and keep client groups informed of budget and resource issues.
- Develop project plans, project budgets and organise project teams. Manage and execute project plans.
- Manage technology purchase decision and direction on behalf of client needs.
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of infrastructure, service and operations management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing a data centre colocation or transition.
- Must have experience with systems development, project management and package/technology selection/implementation methodology.
- Strong leadership capabilities in a creative and technology focused organisation.
- Excellent operational understanding of Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX platforms as well as network, system, storage and backup technologies in a high availability environment.
- Capabilities sufficient to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Excellent written communications skills sufficient to write reports and business correspondence in a professional manner.
- Ability to verbally present complex concepts and technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic, professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and successfully handle multiple tasks.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.