Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities, and shapes the future of our cities, centers, and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus, and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About IT at TfNSW
IT for Transport provides the tools, information and services that enable 30,000 employees to deliver a smart and efficient transport network. We bring the future to our people by delivering innovative solutions and minimising business disruptions, building an engaged and connected workforce through tech-enablement. This is an exciting time to join the team, with a committed annual investment of $700m for progressive technology projects including bots, apps, AI solutions, autonomous 3D mapping drones, cybersecurity and transforming cameras across our network.
Transport for New South Wales is seeking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the Greater Sydney Cloud Engineering team. This role is a fixed term full time until 31 Mar 2024 with a potential to for further extensions or moves to permanent and is based at Burwood with flexible work arrangements.
Your will be responsible to design, develop and supports cloud infrastructure solutions primarily built upon cloud computing services and open-source frameworks. Working in a cross-functional team, the role will deliver technology solutions using continuous delivery methodologies, with a focus on test-driven development and automation.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively within a project team to assist with the design, build and maintenance of cloud infrastructure solutions for Transport for NSW.
- Develop and deliver high-quality, robust and secure infrastructure/software solutions that meet business and customer expectations.
- Maintain and promote business continuity by supporting existing open-source operating systems to ensure maximum uptime of web applications.
- Undertake rigorous code review and analysis as required to ensure validity, efficiency and consistency of newly developed software and infrastructure systems.
- Provide support for the deployment of component packages and applications to ensure the successful import of packages into environments.
- Advise and perform operational support of the applications/platforms and ensure change and release management, compliance, and auditing controls are in place for cloud environments.
- Implement Cost optimization standards and processes in line with the Transport Standards.
- Undertake continuous improvement to ensure standards, process and tools are aligned with Cloud best practice.
- Ensure best practice automation, scaling and recovery process are in place in line with Cloud best practice.
For more information please click here to view a copy of the role description.
The role may/will have a variable number of direct and indirect reports depending on business/ project requirements.
To be successful in the role;
- Demonstrated experience in end to end support of Cloud infrastructures in a complex environment preferably in AWS & Azure or GCP.
- Advanced trouble shooting skills with a proven track record of continuous improvements on cloud infrastructures increasing efficiency and saving costs.
- Experience implementing solutions on major Cloud Service Providers
- Strong analytical ability, integration and problem-solving skills.
- Think outside the box with a can do attitude.
- To review and work on low level architectural designs documents.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Transport Grade 9 ($138,670 – $155,309) plus 10.5% superannuation and annual leave loading.
For more information on employee benefits please click here to view a copy employee benefits pack.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please answer all questions within the online application process and submit a resume.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any inquiries, please email Jags Sethuraman at [email protected]
We are looking for people with passion – for solving problems, for working with people, and for technology.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about working with Transport for NSW at https://jobs.transport.nsw.gov.au/
Job Segment: Cloud, Open Source, Testing, Cyber Security, Engineer, Technology, Security, Engineering