The Team: We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We use modern API-driven client-side rendered frameworks and .NET server-side rendered applications to deliver custom user interfaces that complement our clients’ existing brand. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world class products.
The Impact: As a Full Stack Developer, you will be instrumental in the success of an agile web development team with your key contributions to collaborative software development, work definition, ownership of quality, and client interactions.
What’s in it for you:
• Do you want to build solutions for the biggest names in the finance industry? Our public and private sites generate over 2 billion hits per week. If you manage your investments online, you may already be using our solutions.
• Do you want to create modern web applications with cutting edge UI/UX designs? Our team of 40+ designers work closely with our development teams to design and build the next generation of online of experiences for finance.
• Are you looking for an exciting and engaging place to work? A place where you can continue to grow your skills, in a stable environment where we put our people first? We’ve been in business for over 25 years and continue to be the premier provider of digital solutions for the financial industry today.
• Leverage your 8+ years of experience building applications and mentoring Developers to provide your team with technical guidance and training
• Contribute to a cross-functional agile team developing and maintaining web sites for some of the biggest names in the financial industry
• Guide the continuous improvement of your teams’ systems and applications
• Let us benefit from your past experience, by showing us how to build it right the first time
• Develop single page applications in React or Vue, and/or server-side rendered applications in .NET with C#/Razor
• Produce RESTful API applications in Node.js which adhere to specifications defined in Swagger 2.0/OpenAPI
• Utilize microservice backend applications to retrieve and process complex datasets
• Create visually stunning client or server-side rendered charts and graphs
• Use your knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to produce applications that make content accessible to all users
• Mentor and learn from developers of all levels, continually building your own skill sets and capabilities in order to help teams achieve their sprint and project goals
• Partner with our amazing design team to bring our clients’ vision to reality
• Collaborate with some of the most talented developers in the field, and enjoy not having to have all the answers all the time
• Tap into your passion for building intuitive, performant, and secure web experiences to create the next generation of financial information web sites
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of application development experience
• Prior experience in a Lead Developer role with teams of 3-5 Developers
• Applicable experience using the following technologies:
• jQuery, Bootstrap, LESS. SASS
• React, Vue, or Angular
• C# or Java
• Writing SQL queries for relational databases like SQL Server or MySQL
• Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA)
• NPM, Gulp, Webpack
• Centralized version control system like Git or Subversion
• RESTful APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI specifications
• Experience working in an Agile Development environment
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Experience with test automation
• Knowledge of ways to account for NFRs like performance, security, maintainability, and stability
• DevOps and observability: application monitoring, logging, and alerting
• Ability and flexibility to contribute to world class site uptime by participating in an on-call incident escalation rotation among peers
The Following Experience is Encouraged:
• Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS or Azure
• Experience working with containers
• Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, design patterns, and SOLID
• Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing
• Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Consul, and Docker
• Knowledge of Financial domain
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 10
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in Canada.
The Location: Remote Canada (Hybrid option available in London, ON Toronto, and Calgary)
- What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: Our Benefits (spgbenefits.com)
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 284394
Posted On: 2023-04-06