From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture – one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden Group Holdings for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering – you’ll find like-minded people driving change at Howden Group.
We’re looking for a Research Analyst to help drive forward some of our most challenging and exciting Data initiatives.
Summary of the role
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Analyst to join Howden Broking Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting market research and analysis to support our global practices. This position requires a strong background in market research and analytics, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct market research to determine the size and growth potential of insurance markets globally
- Analyse market trends and provide insights to support business development and growth strategies
- Develop and maintain market databases and forecast models
- Prepare reports and presentations on market trends, size, and growth opportunities
- Collaborate with other departments to provide market insights and support business decisions
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and trends to provide relevant insights to the organisation
- Identify risks, highlighting these to relevant parties in good time and ensuring mitigating action is taken
- Remain aware of the market landscape (e.g. competitors, potential changes/risks, industry standards, new opportunities etc.)
- Experience of working in market research, analytics, or a related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including experience with statistical analysis and modelling
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is preferred but not required
- Awareness of the regulatory environment and requirements including e.g. FCA rules, data protection, money laundering, specific standards of insureds’ professional bodies
- Highly organised, with good planning/prioritisation/time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Consultative and collaborative nature
- Ability to manage expectations
- Excellent listening and communication skills
We are based in the vibrant area of the City of London. Our office is just a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station.
What do we offer in return?
A career that you define.
Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including great healthcare provision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, generous pensions and more – but we know you expect all that.
What you might not expect is a job where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
Our Culture: People First
We are proud to be at the global table, but we are most proud of our culture. It has been built on a single and constant set of principles over more than 25 years, and it has helped us become:
An international group with independence and people at its heart
A home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group. David’s vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden Group Holdings we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.