Your first step towards an amazing career in Research and Development (R&D) at Procter and Gamble (P&G) starts with applying to this co-op. Within an R&D co-op, you’ll be actively involved in creating, reimagining, and launching new innovations which improve our consumers’ lives… all around the world.
The duration of our co-ops is 6 months starting in January or July located at our Gillette World Shaving Headquarters in Boston, MA. As a co-op, you’ll receive a co-op allowance. At P&G, Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment, with a predicted ending point. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on the satisfactory completion of certain criteria, you may be considered for a full-time position upon graduation.
As a company, P&G believes that ‘innovation is our lifeblood’. As such, we invest to ensure that our products best serve the current and future needs of our more than 5 billion consumers worldwide across our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you’ll be equipped with cutting-edge innovation tools, you’ll be encouraged to dive into the innovation process, and you’ll be tasked to advance real needs for our business. To enable your success, you’ll collaborate with talented technologists and mentors to strengthen your skillsets and develop new areas of mastery. The environments you’ll work in are our creative workspaces where new ideas flourish and where your technical mastery is recognized and rewarded. Ultimately, our investment in you is equally an investment in the development of our future R&D talent and in advancing our lofty innovation goals.
What will I do? Our Associate Scientist co-op’s are constantly learning, and growing in service of improving how our products perform. In this role, you will find new ways to innovate, develop and manufacture consumer products. Since we’re a highly collaborative company, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest technical and commercial partners.
We strive to match your skills, qualifications, and interests with a role that works best for you and have a number of areas in R&D where you could work as a co-op, including:
- Products Research: Deeply understand our consumers and their needs in order to inform product design parameters for new or improved products.
- Product Formulation & Design: Translates the consumer’s needs into the development of delightful finished products which use the best available technologies/chemicals/materials.
- Packaging & Device Development: Creates and improves packages and devices that delight consumers and retailers. Packaging and Device technologists lead the development of packages of superior function and premium design. In addition to ensuring the product functions well once the consumer has brought it home, we place a premium on ensuring that our packages and devices are responsibly developed with sustainability in mind.
- Process Development & Pilot Plant Operations: Translates ideas, concepts, and technologies into the design and scale-up of commercially feasible, state-of-the-art, chemical and mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Material Development: Start by developing ‘new to the world’s raw material technologies so we can meet our customer’s needs with the highest quality, best-performing materials.
- Modeling and Simulation (M&S): M&S development is a powerful capability that increasingly underpins the work across all our R&D functions. Our M&S experts are developing new to the world mathematical models which speed the pace and impact of our innovations.
- Data Science: Here, we would want you to communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower others to drive action based on the insights you derive. As a Data Scientist, you will transform the business to enable better decision-making through the use of advanced analytics.
- We are looking for Bachelor’s/Master’s students who: Majoring in engineering degrees:
We offer a wide range of roles in Chemical, Mechanical, and Biomedical Engineering. Increasingly, we have roles designed for Data Science/Analytics, Electrical and Environmental Engineering (or other related engineering disciplines).
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Have strong communication skills
- Have both critical thinking and active listening
- Has the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
- Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
- Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiative.
- Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package.
JUST SO YOU KNOW:
Pay Range: $29-$50 /hr
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total Rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQs, please click HERE.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.