We’re looking for a Senior Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s platform partners. In this role, you’ll work directly with external partner teams to help them build apps on our platform, defining integration use cases with Product Managers and Designers and guiding technical design using Slack’s APIs with Developers. You’ll advocate for our partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and launch new features.
Partner engineering is a good fit for people with technical backgrounds who enjoy communicating and empathizing with collaborators of a variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical. To thrive in this role, you’ll be passionate about working closely with partners and our product team to achieve goals while advocating for Slack’s platform through teaching and public speaking.
– Work with and directly support our partners while they craft the best possible experiences for users in Slack
– Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
– Support our partners at scale by creating code samples, webinars, and documentation, and contributing to our team’s technical toolset
– Craft presentations and work with partners to prepare for GTM launches
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Slack to run beta programs for new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
– Lead team-level and cross-functional initiatives and projects
– 5+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, product management, developer advocacy, or related experience.
– Proficiency in at least one programming language.
– Strong understanding of API design principles
– A passion for working with people, paired with excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
– Experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
– Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving
– Be a great listener
– find the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this [Accommodations Request Form](https://careers.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form).
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
[Salesforce. com](https://www.salesforce.com/) and [Salesforce. org](https://www.salesforce.org/) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. [Salesforce. com](https://www.salesforce.com/) and [Salesforce. org](https://www.salesforce.org/) will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with [Salesforce. com](https://www.salesforce.com/) or [Salesforce. org](https://www.salesforce.org/). Salesforce welcomes all