Part of the Dunstall Holdings Groups, Rea Valley Tractors (RVT) was established over 30 years ago and is a leading regional agricultural machinery dealer. We supply an extensive range of agricultural machinery throughout Shropshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, mid and North Wales, Cheshire and Lancashire and also sell high-quality used equipment across the UK and abroad. We will have seven depots in Newport, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Welshpool, Cheshire and Lancashire and North Wales.
About the Role
Strong technical skills to carry out PDI, service, and repair work on our full range of JCB agricultural equipment. The role has no direct reports and reports directly to Service Manager.
On a day-to-day basis you will (this list is not exhaustive):
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural or plant equipment in a workshop and/or field environment
- Completes all reports and administration required in a timely manner and to a high quality (job cards, time sheets)
- Follows all safety rules and regulations
- Completes all training programmes to further develop skills and knowledge in a timely manner
- Maintains a clear environment, assists with overall workshop organisation, ensures correct use of tools and vehicles at all times
- Mentors apprentices
- Experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance using correct tools and equipment, following approved techniques
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet and manufacturers service portals
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Good customer service skills
- Familiar with manufacturers products
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Minimum LTA certification or appropriate comparable as required by the role
- Full, clean driving licence essential for field roles
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
What we offer
- Up to 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) depending on length of service.
- 2 x basic salary death in service payment, payable to your nominated recipient
- Health care cash plan that covers some costs towards dental treatment, NHS prescriptions, Annual health checks etc
- Benefits platform giving discounts on major supermarket shops, high street vendors, holidays and gym memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing training and Career Opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend bonus £500 per person – terms apply
- Boot Allowance £110 (Redbacks)