Sustainability Project Officer
- Permanent Part Time
- 36.25 hours per fortnight
- Pro rata amount of $89,152 – $92,863 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 5) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
This exciting part time position will see you lead a range of projects under Council’s Sustainability Strategy. Using your proven communication and project management skills, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key sustainability initiatives including Council’s Bringing Nature Back and operational Natural Resource Management programs. Strong research, problem solving and organisational skills are essential in this role and will assist with the achievement of key project outcomes.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check – Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- An environment and sustainability professional with demonstrated communication and project management skills
- Strong research and problem solving abilities, combined with an innovative, forward-thinking approach
- Ability to negotiate and work cooperatively with staff, consultants, contractors, community members, government agencies, business and other stakeholders
- Positive attitude and a person that aligns to our Council Values
- Blue Card for working with Children and Young People
What you’ll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Qualifications in sustainability, environmental science, environmental management, natural resource management, environmental planning, sustainable development, project management (or related disciplines) and/or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to both research/analyse options and develop/implement solutions.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively consult and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience proactively addressing emerging environment and sustainability risks and opportunities using knowledge of government, legislation, policies and procedures.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 5 June 2023 at Midnight (AEST)