- Formula 1 is a global motorsports business that holds exclusive commercial rights with respect to the World Championship, an annual, approximately nine-month long, motor race-based competition. Formula 1 is responsible for the commercial exploitation and development of the World Championship as well as various aspects of its management and administration.
- The ongoing increase in the popularity of F1 and the associated growth of the Group has meant that the F1 Media and Technology Centre (MTC) in Biggin Hill has a requirement for additional resource to support the increasing workload of the Finance Department.
- The Trainee Management Accountant (TMA) will work as part of a Management Accounting team within the broader Finance function supporting those F1 functions that are run from the MTC which include: Logistics, TV production, Media engineering, Digital, Track Systems, IT, HR, Travel and Electronics.
- This is an opportunity to begin a career in financial planning and analysis. The successful candidate will learn the principals of Management Accounting through a combination of CIMA study, where support will be provided, and practical experience gained in a high-performing finance environment with the support and mentoring of their colleagues.
- This is also an opportunity to begin to understand the role of financial partnering and to work closely with a number of exciting business areas at the very heart of the production of the F1 international TV feed, watched by millions of viewers the world over.
- Financial planning: assisting and supporting managers with the compilation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for their areas of responsibility.
- Financial reporting: track actual results against budgets/forecasts and on a monthly basis produce meaningful reporting on variances.
- Financial analysis: assist with the evaluation and review of proposed projects taking into consideration financial costs/benefits as well as other non-financial metrics.
- Develop relationships/work in conjunction with the Accounts Payable and Procurement Teams.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by their manager from time to time and generally to contribute positively to the output of the department.
- We are first and foremost looking for someone with a strong academic background. Ideally that would be a degree in an analytical, mathematical or IT area, from a Russell Group university.
- That said, exceptional academics at school level, from another insitution or in another qualification would be considered.
- Given that this role is predominantly aimed at a newly qualified graduate we understand that relevant experience will be limited.
- However, a demonstration of work experience and/or practical applications of theory at university would be beneficial.
Other areas of knowledge & skills that are not essential but would be highly beneficial include:
- Any VBA knowledge
- Experience of database interrogation
- Any experience or understanding of SQL
- Any experience or understanding of Microsoft Power BI
- PowerPoint – intermediate to advanced
- Excellent and Advanced MS Excel skills
- Evidence of experience handling data and presenting in a formal way
- Presentation skills
Other attributes that would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to support and build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- A meticulous worker who displays good attention to detail.
- A dedicated team player who is prepared to work longer hours during certain limited key points of the year when deadlines need to be met.
- Sound communication skills, both written and oral. Good use of English is essential, and that extends to grammar and mode of address.
- Someone who is able to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities.
- The role is based at F1’s Media and Technology Centre in Kent – a newly refurbished premises with TV production suites, modern offices and a subsidised canteen and coffee bar.
- Work is predominantly office based with the option for limited home working around Grands Prix. There may be very occasional, infrequent attendance at F1’s head office in London’s West End.
- The candidate needs to have their own transport and live within an hour’s commute of Biggin Hill.
- An attractive salary, commensurate with prevailing market rates for an entry level trainee role in finance, will be offered.
- Funded training for CIMA with additional leave allowance for study