Do you have highly developed administrative and customer service skills? If so, they will be well utilized as the Administrative Assistant providing critical administrative and business support services to internal and external clients in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry’s, Regional Operations Division.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- provide administrative support services by preparing, organizing and coordinating meetings, workshops and travel arrangements for staff
- coordinate the preparation and distribution of agendas/background materials and attend meetings to take minutes
- maintain calendar of appointments for the manager
- prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, graphics, charts, financial/ statistical reports and spreadsheets
- process incoming and outgoing mail
- creating, maintaining and ensuring security of files, archiving files and records according to approved retention
- provide customer service to external and internal clients on ministry policies, procedures and other information
- provide financial administration support through processing financial transactions (e.g. preparing reports, etc.)
- provide administrative support for human resources related procedures, i.e. processing time sheets and forms
How do I qualify?
Reasoning, time management and organizational skills:
- You have reasoning and time management skills to determine priorities based on various dependencies, conflicting demands and timelines.
- You have organizational skill to handle a variety of work demands, multi-task and coordinate fluctuating workloads, as well as maintain an organized work environment and filing systems.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- You have proven communication skills to proofread and edit documents, explain procedures and legislation, prepare correspondence in verbal or written format.
- You possess tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills to ensure good internal and external relations.
Computer, office equipment and typing proficiency:
- You are able to use a computer and spreadsheet, database, presentation, email and internet applications proficiently to input data, produce various documents, maintain records and reconcile reports.
- You are able to operate and maintain general office equipment such as photocopiers, faxes and telephones.
- You are proficient in typing and word processing.
- You are able to understand and interpret relevant legislation such as Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), Occupational Health and Safety Act, collective agreements, financial and human resource policies and procedures.
- You are familiar with office administrative procedures and purchasing.
- You have math skills to review invoices and claims, and resolve discrepancies.
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- You have proven analytical and problem-solving skills to make decisions, determine appropriate action, reconcile reports, resolve discrepancies, and investigate alternatives.
- 1 Permanent, 875 Gormanville Rd, North Bay, North Region