- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in CSR, Public Policy, Communications, Corporate Affairs, or related functions
- Experience working with constituent groups including non-profit organizations and employees
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in developing a budget aligned to business outcomes and impact. Ability to track impact over time.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills with the ability to function in ambiguous situations
As a Community Engagement Manager, you will:
Collaborate with partner organizations and key stakeholders to understand community needs, build relationships and collaborate on impactful outcomes. You will serve as the region’s community issues manager and lead the identification and deployment of programs designed to have sustaining and lasting impacts in the communities we live and work. The AWS InCommunities team launches long-term, innovative programs that will have a lasting impact in our regions around the world where we work, live, and raise our families. AWS InCommunities is obsessed with being good neighbors, and we start with the community and work backwards to represent infrastructure communities inside AWS.
- Design and execute InCommunites signature events and programs. Provide vision for the sustainable community engagement initiatives across the region, and manage these initiatives with extreme attention to detail and a high bar for quality.
- Communicate the impact of InCommunities programs internally and externally. Represent AWS Infrastructure publicly in meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Utilize multiple communications channels including, but not limited to newsletters, the intranet, social media, and email campaigns to drive employee awareness and involvement in community engagement initiatives.
- Serve as the region’s Issues Manager. Be able to proactively address internal and external issues that pose reputational risks to AWS and business objectives. Serve as the point of contact for community-centric issues and concerns.
- Support community assessment for new sites in the region, identify potential community related risks and develop a community engagement plan to proactively mitigate the risks. Think strategically in order to scale InCommunities programming as AWS business grows in new areas within the Western US.
- Capture data to demonstrate community engagement’s quantified and qualified impact on AWS Infrastructure, its employees, and the community, and communicate these values internally and externally. –
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineering, operations, real estate, energy, water, sustainability, construction, human resources, legal, public policy, and public relations to deliver results.
- Be physically, on-the-ground in locations within the western US region, roll up sleeves and get work done when required.
- Relevant Advanced degree
- Experience working with infrastructure projects and related environmental sustainability programs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $213,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.